Skip To Main Content

Mobile Nav Container

Standardized Testing

Standardized testing provides a consistent way for a college to evaluate you and even compare you to other applicants across the country. Many U.S. colleges require that undergraduate and graduate students submit standardized test scores scores as part of their application.

Digital SAT: A Discussion of Coming Changes to the Test 

Tuesday, March 21
6:30 PM
RHS auditorium

The SAT measures your ability rather than knowledge. The ACT measures what you’ve learned in school.

Both are accepted by almost all colleges in the United States. For information about which test you should take, talk to your school counselor, or to the admissions office at the colleges you are interested in attending.


Testing with Accommodations

If a student receives school-based testing accommodations, they may be eligible for accommodations for the PSATs, SATs, ACTs, and AP Exams. It is important for students and families to understand that determination of accommodations for standardized testing is not made by Radnor. If a student has an IEP or a 504, the case manager will assist the student in applying for accommodations, but the final decision lies with the testing agency. Typically, the following materials must be sent in with the request for accommodations:

  • Documentation including psycho-educational evaluation (within 3 - 5 years old) and the IEP or 504
  • Specific Diagnosis
  • History
  • Tests of cognitive ability and academic achievement
  • Specific recommendations based on functional limitations
  • Use of testing accommodations ion school setting
  • Evaluator's credentials

If one of these pieces is missing from a student's request, it is likely that they will not be approved for accommodations.

If you currently have an IEP or a 504 plan, contact your case manager to begin the process of applying for accommodations. Please not that the process can take up to 8 weeks to reach a decision, so plan early! To read more about the process for applying for accommodations or determination of accommodations, please see the links below.

CollegeBoard - Services for Students with DisabilitiesACT - Services for Examinees with Disabilities

Fee Waivers

Eligible students who demonstrate financial need can receive fee waivers. Eligible students should contact their school counselor for a waiver form. For details on if you qualify, visit the links below.

ACT Fee WaiversSAT Fee WaiversAP Fee Waivers