School Meals No Longer Free to All Students in 2022-23
Due to the expiration of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) waivers that made school meals free to all students during the pandemic, meals will no longer be free to all students during the 2022-23 school year. The waivers expired on June 30, 2022.
Meal prices for the 2022-23 school year will be:
- Regular Meal: $1.75 at elementary schools and $2.00 at middle and high schools
- Reduced Price Meal (eligible students only): $.30
- Regular Meal: $2.75 at elementary and $3+ at middle and high schools
- Reduced Price Meal (eligible students only): $.40
Add Funds to Your Student's Account
RTSD uses EZSchoolPay.com as an online payment service for parents/guardians.
Families can use EZSchoolPay to:
- Pay for your child’s meals
- Set up automatic email reminders to tell you when a payment is needed
- Make payments for all your children, even if they attend different schools
- View your child’s cafeteria purchases and get information on foods your child eats at school
To create an account, you will need your child's name and student ID number. Families may also make a deposit by check (made payable to "RTSD Food Service") at their child's school building.
Families must complete a free and reduced application if they think they may be eligible for meals at a free or reduced cost. The application can be completed online. Paper copies will be available at each school or by contacting Beth Cooke via email or phone (610-688-8100 x6048).
The procedures for notifying parents/guardians of negative balances and collecting negative balances are detailed in Policy 808-AR. Students will not be denied a meal on account of the insufficient funds in their student meal accounts, unless the District is directed in writing by the student’s parent/guardian. Schools will not require a student to discard a school meal after it has been served to the student, even if the student is unable to pay for the meal or has a negative student account balance. Meals do not include a la carte items such as seconds, snacks, and beverages.
For more information, view 808-AR, Food Services (School Meal Account Procedures/Meal Charging Policy).