Fifth Annual Report Shares RTSD Data with Community
Released in March 2022, the fifth annual report on district data and student achievement in Radnor Township School District provides the community access to a range of information compiled from the 2020-21 school year.
This year's report, the first to reveal data from a full school year during the Covid-19 pandemic, includes results from the Spring 2021 Pennsylvania System School Assessment (PSSA), which were released by the state three months later than normal. Along with the release of these results, the Pennsylvania Department of Education provided guidance when considering the report's information.
“As Pennsylvania reports this federally required data, it urges caution in interpreting results given the unique learning conditions over the past few years," said PDE Deputy Secretary for Elementary and Secondary Education Sherri Smith along with the data's release.
Specifically regarding results from the 2021 PSSA and Keystone Exams, PDE reported that PSSA participation was significantly lower (approximately 27% less) than pre-pandemic tested years. PDE also confirmed the state will not be using the test results for evaluations.
"The variability in testing periods, sharply reduced student participation rates, and other factors make comparisons between school entities and across school years improper," PDE said in a news release.
From the Report
The 53-page report was first presented publicly at the March 15 School Board Curriculum Committee Meeting and includes an appendix of acronyms often used in public education. It presents figures and analysis from last school year, including:
- The average SAT score for the Class of 2021 was 1301
- The graduation rate for the Class of 2021 was 98.4%
- Members of the Class of 2021 were enrolled at 132 different institutions of higher learning at graduation
- Technical Career Center enrollment for high school students remained high at 45 from 46 in 2019-20, sustaining an increase seen since 2016-17, when 13 students were enrolled
- 1,177 Advanced Placement (AP) tests were taken in 2020-21
- 72.6% of RHS students who took an AP test in 2020-21 scored a 3 or above
- 32 native languages were spoken by students from 39 different countries enrolled in the RTSD English Language Development program
- 943 student-athletes participated in an RHS Varsity, Junior Varsity or Freshman athletic program (does not include RMS)
- 725 students participated in 2021 RTSD Summer Learning Programs
Thank you to Radnor students, staff members, parents/guardians, community members, School Board members, and all others for your ongoing support of our schools and students.
- Radnor Township School District