The Radnor High English Department assigns summer reading for all of its English courses. Additional assignments may be required for courses in other subject areas.
To view a printable version of the information below, view the 2022-23 Summer Reading Assignments (PDF) document.
Assignments current as of June 22, 2022.
Students are expected to return in September having read the book(s) and being prepared to work with it (them). Teachers will teach the book(s) as part of an opening unit and/or ask students to write about it (them) on one of the first days of school.
The Sora/Overdrive ebooks and audiobooks offer some of our summer reading selections found on this list. Use your network login information (studentID@rtsd.org and computer password) to borrow these books and download them to any device. Summer reading books can also be found at your local public library and on the Overdrive system. You can also find eBooks and audiobooks through MackinVia, online or app version. Login with your Student ID number and the password is your last name.
- Ninth Grade Interdisciplinary (The American Experience 05990011)
- Ninth Grade Honors (English 05010110)
- Ninth Grade Advanced (English 05010112)
- Tenth Grade Interdisciplinary (Integrated Global Issues 05990020)
- Tenth Grade Honors (English 05010120)
- Tenth Grade Advanced (English 05010122)
- Focused Reading/Writing 9/10
- Eleventh Grade Interdisciplinary (Integrated Viewpoints on Modern America 05990030)
- Eleventh Grade Advanced Placement (English Language and Composition 05010128)
- Eleventh Grade Honors (English 05010130)
- Eleventh Grade Advanced (English 05010132)
- Focused Reading/Writing 11/12
- Twelfth Grade Interdisciplinary (Integrated Senior Seminar 05990040)
- Twelfth Grade Advanced Placement (English Literature and Composition 05010138)
- Twelfth Grade Honors (English 05010140)
- Twelfth Grade Advanced (English 05010142)